Friday 20 February 2015

Photo of the Day

February the 20th 

Today was an eye opening day. I spent only three hours at work so had a lot of time on my hands. Typically when I start work at 1.00pm I spend the morning lounging around watching numerous episodes of Gossip Girl. I was on my second episode when I suddenly thought 'why am I wasting my gap year?' There were so many little things that I wanted to do this year like learn french, learn to sew  and do a photography course. So far I have done none of the above. Not one bit. I've got as far as getting a sewing machine and making a dummy cushion cover. That's it. So instead of continuing onto my third episode I pulled out my iPad and headed to Duolingo. It's possibly the best app to get if you want to learn a language. Plus, it's free! It uses different techniques to help you not only learn but remember the language. I will be doing a post on the best ways to learn another language and can keep you updated with my learning, as long as I stick at it and don't get distracted by Netflix!
     After a few tests I decided to read through a book I got recently on dressmaking. It's got loads of patterns and has absolutely everything you need to know to be able to make clothing. It's the perfect place to start. Once my material samples arrive from John Lewis I can then get started on actually making something useful. I really really want to make a tote bag as well which will be fun to blog, providing it looks half decent!
      I just want to thank everyone that visits my blog! There's nothing more I enjoy then posting my life for you all to read and in turn read your comments. Im going to be revamping my posts soon, firstly by changing my Photo of the Day to Photos from my Week. This hopefully means I can post a wider variety of topics and an addition to my posts will be Outfit of the week. I hope you're all as excited as I am!
Happy blogging!





2 comments:

  1. Pretty Amazing post, wish you the best of luck learning french and learning how to sew :3! Also I love the photos of roses :3~ (I hope those were roses...I don't know much about flowers D: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much for your comment! Hopefully I will get time to learn both! Thankyou and yes they are roses. I love taking photos of flowers

    ReplyDelete