Friday 13 February 2015

Photo of the Day

February the 13th

It's now been two weeks since I visited Paris! This year, time is flying by, which is in no way a good thing. I'm sure many of you agree. My gap year is zooming by and my uni start date is getting closer and closer. I've been wanting to do so much, but just don't have the time! (Or the money).
     I've been lucky that from birth I have had a savings account set up in which my parents have paid money into on birthdays etc. I've also had a job since I was 16 so always had a bit of an income.  This year I wanted to save as much money as possible for university, but still enjoy my year out. I didn't realise how hard this would be, especially after looking at my ISA account details and seeing I have so far saved a poor amount. Money has always unfortunately been a key component in my life especially because my parents have seperated so I constantly have to put up with arguments over money. Until I stop work, I've decided I need to put away a certain amount of money each month and promise myself not to touch it. Anyone else have saving issues?
     After my trip to Paris I came home and set up a Netflix account. It was probably the most awful decision to date. I've found myself spending days watching episode after episode of Gossip Girl and me and Jamie have been glued to the TV every evening to watch two or three episodes of Breaking Bad. Safe to say, I'm addicted. Even though it has taken over my life I would definitely recommend it to people. In the long run il probably save lots of money as it will replace the many DVDs me and Jamie buy. Hopefully it will also reduce our many expensive trips to the cinema too! The only bad thing is you don't get the exciting wait for the next episode or series as you have them all at the touch of a button!
      Yesterday was my younger sisters birthday. She's now reached the age of 17 meaning most gifts were money for driving lessons. In fact, I and her boyfriend were the only people that gave her a present that wasn't money! Isn't that awful! People used to give gifts all the time, never money but due to, what I believe as, laziness money has become the easiest thing to give. Long distances also make it the easiest thing to send to friends and family. I'm not dissing those who give money as a present because who doesn't these days! Yes, money is very beneficial, but so meaningless. The reason I bring this up is because her boyfriend gave her an extraordinary present, one that I had never even heard of before. Firstly, for Christmas he gave her a necklace, but not any ordinary necklace. It was made in Brazil and was made out of meteor rock. Now at first it sounds weird, but the fact it's made of meteor is the most significant fact. They both shared an evening star gazing when they first met and joked about how Tasha(my sister) owned a star. He bought her the necklace to remind her of that evening and the memory of that night. So for her birthday the theme of stars continued, but the gift was even more inspiring! He bought her the gift of naming a star! Now if that doesn't inspire you to give a good gift, then what does? Goes to show that a little internet browsing can give you some great present ideas that mean a lot! A simple and small gift can mean a lot. I love things like photo frames with photos in as gifts or one year me and my friend even made a duvet cover with photos on it! Safe to say, it was one of the best presents I had ever given!
Here's my photo of the day. I've always always always loved photography and so a few years a go, for Christmas, my mum got one of my photos put on a canvas for my bedroom. I've always loved photographing flowers; the still, beautiful models. 
Happy blogging!




No comments:

Post a Comment