Wednesday 4 February 2015

Paris

Paris- Day Three

Most people on their gap year long to travel the world or at least visit as many countries as possible, but I dont get this urge at all. I have been very lucky throughout my life so far when it comes to travelling. I cant exactly complain when a few years a go, in the space of 12 months, I travelled to Dubai, Barbados and Newyork. My fathers occupation is what has allowed me to travel from county to country and I think thats why I have no plans to travel the world or visit as many countries as possible in my gap year. All I plan on doing is enjoying the year of freedom that I have.
        My third day in Paris began with a well needed lie in. The day before I woke up early in order to get a full day in Paris, but ended up heading home about five so we decided to start our day slightly later. We got the metro first to Musee d'orsay. The metro in Paris is so so different from the London underground because of the slack rules. I stood and watched person after person squeezing through the barriers behind someone with a ticket. I did this a few times with Bronte (i know, naughty me) and had to sneak in behind someone at the airport station. Anyway, back to where we arrived at the museum. Because it was the first of February the museum was free, but also had a rather large queue in which we had to stand in outside in the freezing cold. It was however so worth it! The musuem used to be a train station and reminded me of Grand Central Station so Im sure you can imagine that the architecture was unbelievable. The art was equally as amazing, especailly the Van Gogh expedition. I tried to take some sneaky photos of the art, but was told off by a hidden secuirty guard, but I couldnt resist.
     We took a trip to the nearest cafe where I had possibly THE strongest coffee I have ever had. Once we had warmed up we walked towards the Arc De Triomphe. I was so excited to see the view especially because I had never realised you could even go up the arc! Safe to say the view was incredible and I could easily have stayed up there for many more hours. The many flights of stairs up there wasnt so enjoyable, but made a good photo which is posted below. 
     Another round of crepes was in order and so we attempted to find a close cafe. We ended up walking around for ages because many of the cafes were closed due to the weird open and closing times they have in France. We ended up finding a busy looking Italian place with a good looking menu so decided it was time for dinner. I love those places with great character and great food and this had both. With our drinks we got a complementary pot of popcorn, which put a smile on both mine and Brontes face, even though it was the most un-Italian snack possible.
    After filling my stomach to the brim with a burger and chips we headed to the Eiffel Tower to see the sparkling lights which occur every hour for five minutes. This was another thing I was over excited for and ended up taking endless photos and videos of. Our next move was to go in desperate search of the perfect crepe. After stuffing even more food into our faces we ran to the train, almost bringing all my food back up! 
     Once home Bronte introduced me to addictive world of Gossip Girl. We watched a few episodes before I was practically asleep sat up. Below are my photos from the day. I hope you all enjoy! Feel free to leave any comments and dont forget to click the follow button!



































4 comments:

  1. beautiful, I just like I too want to visit Paris in my mind but I really like ur attitude you dont have the urge to travel as many countries as possible,you just enjoy the freedom you have, that's a good thing to learn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for your comment! It's much appreciated! I'm glad I'm not the only one not wanting to urgently travel

      Delete
  2. Hi! It's my first time here. I've been to Paris but it was not during good weather. It was gloomy and raining. One thing that bring me happiness was when i went to disneyland. ;)

    by the way, i love all photos especially the stairs!

    hanisamanina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same with my trip, the weather was awful! I love love love Disneyland, although I haven't been in a long time unfortunately. Thankyou very much!

      Delete